We hope you are as excited as the staff and volunteers are about the fun and faith opportunities offered by our High Seas Adventure this year. Here is some important information you need to know:
Please register your child (or children) promptly. This year, all registration is online at https://www.groupvbspro.com/vbs/hl/epiphanyokc . If for some reason you are unable to use this form, call Bob Waldrop at 722-2110 ext 115 to register over the phone.
We need a good count as soon as we can get it for how many students we have, so we can buy enough supplies and arrange for enough volunteer leadership. There is a $15/child fee to cover materials and expenses. If this is a problem, talk to Bob Waldrop about other arrangements.
If your child has any special needs or restrictions, please let us know when you register.
DATES AND TIMES
VBS dates are June 20 - 24, 9 AM to 1230 PM each day.
Every day at 12 Noon, the students have a closing assembly -- "Celebration!". Parents and friends are welcome every day for this event. The Celebration on Friday will be "more special", so if you can only come one day, come to that one. The Celebration will be in Bryce Hall each day.
Each day highlights a different biblical truth:
- Day 1 -- Jesus had a family. . . we do too. Bible story: Mary is chosen to be Jesus' mother. "For nothing is impossible with God."
- Day 2 -- Jesus had a name. . . we do too. Jesus is born and gets his name. "I have called you by name, you are mine."
- Day 3 -- Jesus had a home. . . we do too. Jesus' family escapes to Egypt. "There is more than enough room in my Father's home."
- Day 4 -- Jesus went to church. . . we do too. Jesus goes to the Temple. "Let us go to the house of the Lord."
- Day 5 -- Jesus served others. . . we do too. Jesus does a miracle in Cana. "Serve one another in love."
All of the adult and youth volunteers have gone through the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City's training for Safe Environment and a background check.
We invite all the parish to be involved with Vacation Bible School through prayer. Please pray for the students, the adult and teen volunteers, the parish staff, and all who contribute to make this program a reality.
Don't hesitate to ask. Call Bob Waldrop, the director of this year's VBS at 722-2110 ext 115, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org . Check this blog regularly for updates, and during VBS, check this blog every day for news, reports, and photos of the days events.